Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Monday, February 28, 2011



February 26, 2011 - Saturday

Today we started our day in La Cienega, which will be a new site for our mission trip this year. This site has two wonderful young men as coaches, Alfre and Alexi. This site really needs your prayers. They are just getting started and have a great need for equipment and funding. When I say site, it’s similar to what we think of as our local Little League, but on a much smaller scale. Each league charges a small fee of $3/month for the child to play, but most families can’t or don’t pay. At La Cienega, only about 5% of the kids actually pay monthly. Amazingly, the coaches don’t turn away the kids that can’t pay. Their hearts are truly there for the kids and the Lord. They just make do with what they have, they don’t complain – and they have a smile on their face each time you see them.

In the afternoon we headed back to Los Castillos to watch a newly formed women’s softball league. It was awesome, the women love softball just as much as the boys love baseball. Dominicans play baseball and softball with a passion that American kids don’t have. Personally I love that passion, it reminds me of the way I was taught to play by my father. It was give 110% or don’t play.

I have been so blessed to join Ben Vigil on this trip. He is a great teacher to me in baseball and spiritually. I have a new brother…thank you Ben.

My day is done and I am exhausted. Be prepared for God to do great things. Open your heart and listen…you never know where God will lead you.

God Bless,
Carlos

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. (Prov. 22:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment