Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I am truly grateful to see so much equipment still coming in to us. Tomorrow we will be sorting equipment and we will also be featured on KHOU News Channel 11. I will post the exact time this will air as soon as I know. Yesterday my son got a call that he had made the Mickey Mantle team for La Porte High School baseball. This is a type of select baseball team just for incoming freshman at La Porte High. I am so proud of him – 46 boys tried out for this team and they only accepted 13.

As each day passes and our trip comes closer, I look around and realize that we are so blessed. When we get back from this mission trip I plan on giving baseball lessons to underprivileged kids at no cost to them. I will give lessons to kids who can afford to pay, but all the funds will be used to maintain the batting cage and pitchers mounds. We are praying for the right location for this. I finally feel like this is a way for me to teach God’s Word. I feel like I have found my passion – and that’s an awesome feeling. I have always loved baseball and baseball is a way for me to give God the glory He deserves.

Have a great day and God Bless,

--Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment