Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Little About the Gauna Family

We’ve been married for two years in June. Talk about God at work! We are your “typical modern-day American family” – my husband Carlos; I’m Stacy; and here’s the scoop on the kiddos:

From Carlos’ previous marriage: Carlos Jr (15); Maeghan (13); and Makenzie (10)
From my previous marriage: Cody (10)
Our “inherited” son: Shelby (13) --- biologically he belongs to my ex-husband --- I’m the only mother he’s ever known – and he is definitely one of our children!

Obviously…this is not how I pictured my family when I was a kid with dreams of a white picket fence. Carlos and I have both been thru a lot – and made plenty of mistakes over the years. But we are so blessed to serve an awesome God that gives us grace and always loves us! Carlos was saved on Easter Sunday two years ago --- shortly before we were married. I was saved as a child – and have gone forward and backwards in my relationship with God over the years. Two years ago after witnessing the awesome change in Carlos – I rededicated. Since then, God has done awesome things in our life. We are so very blessed – we are the happiest married couple in the world. And we continue in our journey to follow God’s will for our lives.

This blog will follow the next steps in our journey – mission work. Don’t forget to follow our blog! And remember, God loves each and every one of us. No matter what we’ve done – God never forsakes us and He’s always waiting patiently for us to finally turn to Him and say --- “Okay, God. I’ve tried it my way and it failed miserably. I’m ready to do it Your way.” Awesome things will happen in your life when you say that!!

God Bless You,
Stacy Gauna &
The Gauna Family

No comments:

Post a Comment