Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6 days and counting...

Today I spent the day collecting our drop boxes. I started at Hilton Furniture. I arrived and looked for Mr. Hilton to thank him, but he was out of the store, so I proceeded to collect the box and load it into my car. While loading up, a security guard stopped me and spent some time asking questions about our mission trip. While talking, Mr. Hilton showed up and asked how our equipment drive was going. As you may remember, we were short on baseballs. Mr. Hilton offered to purchase the remaining baseballs needed for our trip. I thought it was neat how God works…if the security guard hadn’t stopped me to ask about the mission – I would have been gone before Mr. Hilton returned.

My next stop was Chillin’ Time in Friendswood. In addition to some equipment and gloves, there was a bucket of 8 brand new baseballs. As I left there, one of our Christmas light customers called. Keep in mind she lives about 5 minutes from where I was in Friendswood. She called to say she had more baseball stuff for me (she had already donated equipment). Her timing was perfect…and I’m sure you can guess what she had for me….a bag of baseballs!! I’m sure others in our group have been collecting baseballs as well. Today was an awesome day. We serve an awesome God!

Have a great day and God Bless,

--Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment