Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Note from Stacy

I just want to add a few words to what Carlos said. As soon as you land you know for certain you’re not in the U.S.! In addition to the simplicity of the airport, the electricity went out while we were waiting for our luggage. It was out for about 15 minutes. No one seemed too concerned about it – the staff said it happens about once a month. As we left the airport and headed to the hotel, we passed thru the town of Sosua. We saw quite a few shacks --- you can definitely tell it’s a poorer city. Cody was sitting on my lap – he whispered to me “We really are blessed Momma.”

I’m going to keep this short as I’m sure we’ll have plenty to write about tomorrow evening. We still have a 9pm team meeting tonight – and then we’ll be resting up for tomorrow morning!!

God Bless,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment